S&D Coffee & Tea releases 2016 Sustainability and CSR Report
CONCORD, N.C. – S&D Coffee & Tea has released its 2016 Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report, “Investing in the Future.” The report chronicles the company’s work in its continuing areas of focus: resilient value chains, personal and professional development, efficiency of resources impact, and partnerships and industry leadership.
“I am honored to share our 2016 accomplishments in sustainability and corporate social responsibility as highlighted in our latest report,” said Ron Hinson, president & CEO of S&D. “We will keep making intentional, bold decisions to invest in the future of coffee and tea, our partners and our community.”
Key achievements in 2016 included:
- Impacted 4,400 coffee families in five countries through Raíz Sustainability, S&D’s sustainable sourcing platform
- Partnered with coffee industry group Coalition for Coffee Communities to address landscape-level issues facing smallholder farmers in Nicaragua
- Invested in 100 tea farmers in the Misiones province of Argentina to help improve their production practices while reducing their environmental impact, improve their livelihoods and contribute to the protection and preservation of their ecosystems
- Invested more than $60,000 in Women’s Foodservice Forum conference attendance and leadership training for 13 employees
- Held employee-driven campaigns that raised more than $88,000 for charity
- Donated over $185,000 to programs supporting the local community
- Increased our Re:co fellowship program to help 39 coffee professionals to attend the industry symposium
To view the full 2016 Sustainability & CSR Report, visit the S&D Coffee & Tea website.
Moving forward, S&D will publish a full Sustainability and CSR report every two years with a performance summary in the alternate years. The company will share brief highlights of its 2017 progress during the second quarter of this year.